My rings! & Other Lovely Things!

DF (Dear Fiance) & I went to go buy my rings last Friday. I am so excited & it really made it feel real to me. I am absolutely in love with my ring set! Of course I am only wearing the engagement ring, but we are saving the band for the wedding. :) Isn't it gorgeous? I love it because it looks antique. I like that we got to go pick it out together. I was surprised enough by the sweet out of nowhere proposal. It actually felt more meaningful that he chose a time it felt right in HIS heart. & it's nice to know he had been pondering the idea a lot longer than I had thought. (Way back to the cast party of Pajama Game? We're talking April!)


I am already starting to make some plans. I am going to make my wedding binder soon. Probably Friday when I have some free time (with the baby & the show, Miracle on 34th Street) I am swamped! I will post pictures of that when it's at least put together. We decided on a color scheme that works for both of us:

tehwedding
Color by COLOURlovers


It's chartreuse, plum & pewter grey. I LOVE IT! I think it all looks so pretty together. We haven't thought of a theme yet.. but I don't want very traditional or conventional. I ordered the Offbeat Bride book off of Ebay. I can't wait for it to get here!

There are a few kinks to work out with the bridal party so I hope they get taken care of soon. I will feel better knowing who & what as soon as possible. I really have to get my stuff together too. My dream venue is too expensive, so I am thinking of other possibilities. Might have to ask a few people I know about what they think. It might also take care of the 'theme' idea too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Stuff to Do!

  • ♥ Buy engagement ring - DONE!
  • ♥ Take engagement photos
  • ♥ Pick out colors/theme - COLORS DONE!
  • ♥ Plan engagement party

About Us

Leslie is a 31 year old stay at home mama of 4 (3 on Earth, 1 in Heaven). She does community theater, organizes a non-profit while she can in the middle of taking care of a newborn baby boy. She loves all things geek, parenting, gaming, movies, writing, arts & crafts, church & karaoke.


Robert is a 36 year old school counselor. He enjoys Harry Potter, community theater, video games, cooking & Storage Wars. His first son with Leslie is in Heaven & he has a newborn son at home, along with being a step-parent to Leslie's 12 year old & 4 year old. This is a big family!

Blog contents © Geeks In Love ♥ Our Wedding 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.